Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2/16 Links and Notes (Mostly Melo-drama)

Good morning all,

   Here's some links and notes concerning the Knicks on this lovely 30 degree morning before I head to Nickelodeon headquarters.

Stephen A. Smith basically says the Knicks should do whatever it takes to land Melo.  I'm standing pat that Chandler, Gallo, Felton, Fields and Eddy Curry's expiring contract guts the team too much.

Meanwhile, anonymous league sources tell Yahoo! Sports that Nuggets' trade talks with the Knicks could be like "the Nets talks all over again."

Amar'e Stoudemire will play tonight against the Hawks but is still unsure about the All-Star Game.

Raymond Felton changes his stance on the Melo rumors: "Honestly, I don't care about it. I don't need to talk about it anymore. I don't need to entertain it. It goes in my ear and goes out the other one."

Did I mention the Knicks play a basketball game tonight? It's their first matchup against the Hawks since the Shawne vs. Marvin Williams scuffle.

For some reason we can't escape. Over at the NY Post, Isiah Thomas doesn't deny he's unofficially consulting Dolan. I miss the days where you fired a GM and moved on.

What do you think, should the Knicks do what it takes to land Melo or is the foundation of this young team too important?

That's all for now, time for some coffee.

4 comments:

  1. I get the feeling that the Nuggets management is like that annoying fantasy owner that you discuss a trade with, after some back and forth you agree to it, then he sees you agree and thinks "oh I must be able to get more if hes agreeing", then he says he needs more to do the trade and the trade never goes down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^ Agreed. Every time the Nuggets came close to a deal with the Nets it became, "Oh... Well you have to take Harrington's ridiculous contract too!" I applaud the Nets for finally saying "No, we're done." It almost cancels out the fact that they signed Travis Outlaw to the worst free agent deal last off season.

    The Knicks should just tell Denver politely to suck it, and play out this season. Carmelo's teammates have become increasingly agitated with his selfish play (playing for numbers rather than wins) and the Denver locker room looks ready to blow up. There is ZERO chance that Melo signs the extension with Denver after how all of this is playing out, that threat is merely so the Knicks will up the ante and get him this season.

    All of that being said I'm not even sure that I want Carmelo on the Knicks any more. I like this team, I like the chemistry, and the sense of brotherhood they have with each other. Seeing them play the Nets in person the other day I got to see how much of a leader Amar'e really is and how they all rallied together with him being out for the game. I'd be willing to give up Chandler, Randolph, and Curry for Melo, but after that... it just doesn't seem worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.theknicksblog.com/2011/02/16/stephen-a-smith-talks-knicks-melo/#disqus_thread

    Stephen A. Smith's rant is pretty funny, even though he's so annoying he really wants Melo

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta have me some melo!

    ReplyDelete